My favorite festivity

 Hi everyone, today I'll talk about my favorite festivity, wich is easter. As far as I know, this celebration has been born to commemorate the resurrection of Christ. It is celebrated between March 22th and April 25th, the exact date changes each year.

After a quick search by the web, I found out that easter is related with Passover, a jewish festivity, and they're very close in their respective calendars. The origins of the celebration are linked to the commemoration of the jewish people's liberation too, in 1531 B.C. 

However, I'm actually not interested in these facts, because I'm an atheist. The reason why I like this festivity are my childhood's memories of this season. In chile, easter means family time, when parents hide different kinds of chocolate eggs from their children, so kids have fun finding and eating them. In honor to these memories, I celebrate easter with my children every year, but I try to be careful with their sugar intake ja ja. 


Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

My favorite piece of technology

My Autobiography